This year we are proud to announce an ambitious goal to reduce the sugar across our portfolio of drinks by 20% by 2025. We will achieve this by continuing our ambitious reformulation and new product innovation programme and harnessing our marketing capabilities to encourage more people to choose our lower kilojoule and no sugar options more often.
Some key actions we have undertaken in the last few years include:
- Expanding our range of low and no sugar beverages by -
- Reducing sugar in current products, such as Keri Fruity Drink, Fanta Grape, Powerade ION4, Sparkling Duet Raspberry and Fanta Raspberry.
- Launching new products with no or reduced sugar, such as Powerade Active Water,
Coca-ColaNo Sugar, limited edition Coca-Cola Peach No Sugar, Keri 50% Less Sugar Fruit Drink and Barista Bros Mocha.
- Increasing our range of small packs (300mL or less) in more locations, such as convenience stores, petrol stations and supermarkets.
- Providing transparent information about our products, such as the Health Star Rating integrated energy icon on our packs, energy information panels on our vending machines, an online beverage comparison tool and serves-per-pack labelling on our multi-serve bottles.
- Marketing responsibly: Promoting water and focusing 96% of our 2019
Coca-Colaproduct marketing spend featuring no sugar Coca-Colas.
As a result, low and no sugar drinks have made up over half of our market growth over the past two years with bottled water sales increasing 9% and still water sales 13%. And in supermarkets we are now selling more
We will continue to keep you updated on our progress.
More on Journey
- The Road to Better Outcomes for Disabled People
- Selfies, Together: Photo Booth Puts Your Face on the Big Screen
- Coca-Cola Oceania ranks #3 in NZ for commitment to nutrition
Photos: Explore Cutting-Edge
Coca-ColaOffices Around the World
Deposit Return Systems: What Are They and What Does
Coca-ColaThink About Them?