In the wake of Cyclone Gita in Tonga,
Tonga is in a recovery period after it was devastated by Tropical Cyclone Gita in February with winds of 230km/h causing significant damage across the kingdom, destroying trees and crops essential to the island’s livelihood.
Roger Hare, General Manager Coca-Cola Amatil Fiji, says Tongans are working hard to rebuild their lives but it will be some time before life returns to normal.
“It’s important to us to help in any way possible in times like this when people are at their most vulnerable.”
NEMO Director Laveni Aho says: “Both organisations are extremely grateful for this donation. The water will be distributed to schools, hospitals and people in the most severely affected areas of the country.”
More on Journey
- The Designated Driver Program is Back Bigger and Better Than Ever Before
- Coca-Cola Christmas in the Park Launches Careers for Young Stars
- Coca-Cola Surprises Youthline with an Early Christmas Gift
- Creating Foundations for the Future
- What better way to celebrate Christmas than at New Zealand’s favourite Christmas Party?