In the wake of Cyclone Gita in Tonga,
Tonga is in a recovery period after it was devastated by Tropical Cyclone Gita in February with winds of 230km/h causing significant damage across the kingdom, destroying trees and crops essential to the island’s livelihood.
Roger Hare, General Manager Coca-Cola Amatil Fiji, says Tongans are working hard to rebuild their lives but it will be some time before life returns to normal.
“It’s important to us to help in any way possible in times like this when people are at their most vulnerable.”
NEMO Director Laveni Aho says: “Both organisations are extremely grateful for this donation. The water will be distributed to schools, hospitals and people in the most severely affected areas of the country.”
More on Journey
- Opening the Loft: Meet the Winner of the MyCoke Pop-Up Party
- Coca-Cola Christmas in the Park Launches Careers for Young Stars
- The Designated Driver Program is Back Bigger and Better Than Ever Before
- Good2Great Workshops: Supporting and Championing Young Kiwis
- Coca-Cola Surprises Youthline with an Early Christmas Gift