Winter is coming and that means one thing - it’s time for comfort food.
What’s the best way to satiate the craving for warming, hearty and delicious food? This recipe for
Smokey and spicy, chipotle baked beans make a flavoursome meatless dish.
- 450 gram navy OR cannellini beans, soaked overnight
- 3 cup of your favourite Coke variety (We used Coke No Sugar)
- 2 cup water
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoon double-concentrated tomato paste (look for it in a tube)
- 1 diced onion
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 whole canned chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from chipotles (depending on desired spice level)
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 dash liquid smoke (optional)
Feel free to adjust the level of spice to your personal taste (and go ahead and add cooked bacon if you're feeling carnivorous).