Annette Chillingworth, Head of Marketing Activations, has been with Coke NZ for “29 very happy years.”
Best part of your role:
I love coming to work every day knowing I can make a difference; I get to work with incredibly smart passionate people, the best brands in the world and we have fun and laughter along the way
I really enjoy coaching and supporting others - especially my team – it’s great to see them develop, grow and go onto greatness.
And I enjoy the challenge of working on large scale marketing programs and projects that have a significant positive impact on our business results
Typical day for you:
My team work closely with the brand team and are responsible for leading and delivering a myriad of marketing programs that ensure our wonderful brands are nurtured, grow and are in great shape for the generations to come.
Varied and busy sums up a day in my life at Coke. There’s never a dull moment and whilst a large part of my time is spent on projects for our lifeblood
A recent day for me (which is typical of most days) looked like this:
• Coffee as soon as I arrived – after an hour on the motorway I’m gasping for one
• First up an activation team meeting reviewing the multitude of marketing projects we are working on across our portfolio of brands; identifying issues, problem solving & celebrating the wins!
• I’ve successfully negotiated a partnership with TVNZ to be our new broadcast partner for
• After a quick catch up on emails & phone messages I’m back on the motorway heading to the city for a meeting with the team at “Gemba” (our Sports Strategic Agency) who are consulting to us to evolve and finalise our Powerade Asset Strategy
• Now I’m back in the office in a brainstorming session on optimisation and planning of our MyCoke ‘always on’ promotional platform
• And last meeting of the day is on marketing budgets for all our brands for 2016
• Tomorrow – I’m on a plane to Wellington for a Super Rugby sponsorship forum (we have a partnership with them for Powerade and
I love talking about our wonderful brands; the role we all have to play to secure the future of our lifeblood
My legacy -
Work/life balance what do you do to unwind?
We work in a system that’s fast paced, dynamic and exciting and it’s very easy to get caught up in the momentum and not get the balance right. I firmly believe this is our own personal responsibility. There was a time when I didn’t have this right – I now have this sorted. I prioritise my annual leave and dedicate at least 50% of it to somewhere with warm temperatures, white sand, Chrystal clear water and fabulous cocktails (often with the fabulous women in my life) Family and friends are very important; we live on a lifestyle block in the country so often have the bedrooms full, the boys and the BBQ busy; the fridge stocked with great wine and of course our own fine product. We have friends with Bach’s on the Coromandel so many a happy and relaxing weekend had. Oh…and did I tell you I’ve joined the gym!